Climate change and sustainability and their environmental, social and economic impacts continue to rise on the agendas of governments and organizations around the world. Our global, multidisciplinary team, of over 700 professionals who work in this area, combines our core experience in Assurance, Tax, Transactions and Advisory services with climate change and sustainability skills and deep industry knowledge. In this context, our Climate Change & Sustainability Services team in Greece, supports clients navigate their way through sustainability issues, from understanding business and regulatory threats and opportunities, to monitoring performance and adding rigor to public disclosures on progress.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for an excellent career opportunity as a Climate Change and Sustainability Services professional, to join our team in Greece. As part of our multi-disciplinary team, you’ll help high profile clients understand and manage their sustainability issues, while building on your skills and knowledge. You’ll be exposed to new challenges across a wide variety of projects. With senior mentoring and formal training, you’ll progress quickly along the career path you choose.
• Support the delivery of Climate Change & Sustainability Services with an emphasis on technical sustainability advisory and extra financial reporting capacities.
• Work with clients, across a range of industries, and assist them in their efforts to identify, measure, and appropriately manage their sustainability risks, as they transition their organizations to respond to changing regulations and new trends in sustainability management, reporting and assurance.
• Commit to understanding client/business issues and developing knowledge. Stay abreast of current climate change and sustainability developments relevant to clients businesses. Use technology to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
• Support client relationships, business development and account management leadership through the development of thought leadership, client and internal collateral and training.
• Bring potential opportunities to the team's attention and seek, develop and present ideas to apply EY’s services. Support the rapid, profitable growth of the business as a key member of the CCaSS team.
• Display teamwork, integrity, and leadership. Support colleagues and value others’ contributions.
Qualifications, skills and other requirements
• Undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in a relevant sustainability discipline, ranging from climate change and environmental studies to non-financial management, reporting and valuation.
• A good understanding of the issues and opportunities surrounding sustainability and the impact of sustainability on an ever changing business environment.
• 3-4 years of relevant work experience on sustainability engagements
• Broad consulting and project management skills
• Technical skills and experience in sustainability management and reporting frameworks and standards (i.e. GRI, AA1000 Series, ISO 26000, SASB and UNGC) will be considered an asset.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Demonstrable leadership, integrity, values, principles, and work ethic.
• Comfortable working under pressure within a team and individually.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, both in English and Greek.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ideally Microsoft Outlook
• Drive and commitment to support the team in growing the Climate Change & Sustainability practice.
• Flexibility and willingness to travel as necessary