3 years fixed-term assignment
The successful candidate will bring operational support to the financial control team on the day to day recording and treatment of the financial information in connection with the EIF’s activity including the activity related to the mandates. The incumbent will report to the Head of the Financial Accounting Unit and will work under the close guidance and supervision of the officers responsible of the Financial Control team as well as in close collaboration with the members of the other teams within Finance and other EIF services.
The selected candidate will:
- Perform reconciliation of all bank and treasury operations;
- Prepare the weekly cash flow management for the review of the officer responsible for the cash flow management;
- Support on the booking entries process relating to EIF activities and to the mandates managed by EIF;
- Organise and maintain the filing systems for easy access and retrieval of information for EIF and for each mandate;
- Assist the team in meeting deadlines and implementing procedures;
- Provide assistance to external auditors;
- Keep internal clients informed of the status of requests;
- Contribute occasionally to specific projects of the Unit.
- Certified secondary-level education. Any further education in accounting would be a plus;
- At least 5 years’ professional experience of which 3 relevant to accounting;
- Good IT skills (standard Office tools). Some experience of PeopleSoft Financials or Business Objects would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
- Ability to organise work, set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Rigour and attention to detail;
- Sense of initiative and problem-solving approach;
- Self-reliant and self-disciplined;
- Excellent team spirit;
- Flexibility and adaptability.
Due to large volume of applications, only candidates selected for the interviews will be contacted. For more information, please contact EIFHR@eif.org