The Geneva Centre for Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) and the Ministry of the Interior of Serbia are jointly implementing a project funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) entitled “Introduction of a Modern Human Resources Management Concept to the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Serbia”.
The project will be implemented over a period of 30 months with the overall outcome to prepare the Serbian Ministry of Interior for the introduction of a modern Human Resources Management (HRM) system through developing an HRM strategic framework. This will be achieved through a series of activities covering awareness raising, expert capacity development, development of strategic policy framework and capacity development related to international standards in the area of HRM.
In this context, we would like to advertise the following short-term consultancy vacancies. The consultants will be required to travel occasionally to Serbia to assist and advise in implementing activities.
Two (2) international Human Resources Management Experts who will be required to assist the Serbia based team in the drafting of various HRM strategic documents and processes, including strategic planning, practical guidebooks, etc.
- Minimum 8 years of experience consulting and working on Human Resources Management within the public (government) sector;
- Relevant educational and/or professional qualifications;
- Experience working at the strategy level and on Human Resources Management reform efforts would be desirable;
- Experience in change management and implementation of reform within the public (government) sector would be desirable;
- A good understanding of how terms and conditions of employment are developed and apply in the public sector;
- Preference will be given to experts with direct working experience with law enforcement agencies;
- Experience working in the Western Balkan countries, especially in Serbia, would be desirable.
Deadline for submission of applications will be end of working hours (GMT) 20 March 2012. Interested candidates should send their CVs and cover letters to the Project Manager Amb. Gregor Zore, email@example.com.
Any question can be addressed to National Project Manager Mr. Nemanja Milosevic, firstname.lastname@example.org.