Directorate Finance The Hague oversees execution of the annual budget and financial plan required for operating the branch of the European Patent Office (EPO) in The Hague, and of the IT budget of the EPO as a whole.
It is looking for a Financial Controller who will be responsible for implementation of the annual Information Management (IM) budget in compliance with the regulations and governance arrangements applicable. This includes helping to prepare the annual IT budget for the overall financial planning and budget, managed by Finances in Munich, approving the choice of procurement procedures and the expenditures incurred under them, monitoring contractual commitments and validating payments.
- following up the budget execution of IT operations and projects;
- helping to prepare the EPO's financial planning and annual IT budget;
- monitoring contracts with respect to budget, commitments, payments and accruals;
- approving the choice of procurement procedures and the ensuing expenditures;
- helping to prepare tender documents, taking part in the evaluation of bids;
- helping to prepare financial reports; cost and deviation analysis;
- deputising for the director.
The ideal candidate will have
- a university degree in business administration or economics, with the emphasis on financial controlling;
- professional experience in finance, budgeting and project control, preferably in an international public-sector organisation;
- a good knowledge of accounting (particularly under IFRS) and cost-accounting;
- very good communication skills and a developed sense of customer service;
- initiative, the ability to find information, and good analytical and negotiating skills;
- a sound knowledge of ERP (including SAP R/3) and Excel;
- a very good command of English.
Diploma of completed studies at university level or - in exceptional cases - equivalent professional experience. Excellent knowledge of one official language and ability to understand the other two.
The successful candidate will be selected on the basis of qualifications, supplemented by interviews and possibly tests.
It is intended to hold the interviews in calender week 16.
Please apply online, using the online application form, reference number INT/EXT/5227.
Closing date: 16 March 2012.
As the second largest European organisation, the European Patent Office offers a competitive salary, excellent social benefits and varied work in a modern international environment.
More information on http://www.epo.org/about-us/jobs/vacancies/other/int-ext-5227.html