1. Mission & Philosophy
The Careers Office of the IHU is committed to providing guidance, resources and opportunities to students to help them achieve their career aspirations. In parallel, it works to foster positive partnerships with employers and the wider community.
The IHU Careers Office policy is centred on the student and aims to provide individual attention and support in every career concern. Students are encouraged to actively engage in their career development during their studies. Focused events, access to career information, vacancy information, career fairs, internships, and voluntary work are just some of the proposals the Careers Office extends to students to help them improve their employability and candidate skills and make informed decisions about their career choices.
2. Student Services
The Careers Office offers the following services to help students make a successful transition to the global marketplace:
- One-to-one sessions for career advice and job information. Students receive individual attention from career officers from the very first moment. They can discuss any complex career issue or decision that may affect their working life.
- CV Writing Workshops Students get the opportunity to generate their own personal marketing package, with guidance on CV & cover letter preparation, interview skills and job-hunting strategies.
- Job Vacancies information Through its ever-widening network of industry contacts, the Careers Office receives details of permanent and temporary, full- and part-time vacancies from local and national companies. In addition Careers Office staff scan the local press for vacancies. All IHU students have access to this information on the IHU info-portal or by sending an e-mail to Careers Office.
- Career Events & Workshops
The Careers Office organizes various career-related events throughout the year in order to equip students with the knowledge and skills to make the right career decisions. The development of their career orientation while studying at IHU can give students a competitive advantage over other job candidates.
By attending such workshops, students gain familiarity with the job market and can meet some of its chief players when guest speakers from various fields share their knowledge and experience with students.
- Career Fairs The Career Fair is an excellent opportunity for students and graduates to meet potential employers in person, to obtain an insight into the local and global labour market, to gain interview experience and to find out more about selection procedures and employability skills.
- On-line Resources A comprehensive and user-friendly career portal is available for IHU students from all backgrounds and interests and is an excellent starting point for students looking for career-related information. Resumé writing, interview preparation, employment and internship opportunities, updated employment surveys, skill and psychometric tests are only some of the information our students have access to.
- More services …
- Mock Interviews – to help you improve your technique.
- Employer Talks
- Voluntary Work with nonprofit organizations
3. Alumni Network
As an alumnus or alumna of the school, students are invited to be part of an on-line network, a directory that helps them stay in touch with each other and feel part of the school and university after their graduation. The network is designed to facilitate connections and to enhance global communication for both social and business opportunities.
Staying in contact with IHU has a number of benefits including various national and international networking opportunities, continued learning and career development programmes, access to online services and the contact directory, continued access to library resources, information about events including career fairs, reunions, social gatherings, symposiums and conferences, and generally staying in touch with each other, the School and the University.
Much of the University communication with the students is via web and email. Through this medium, your School is able to share the latest news and views from the School, the experiences of fellow alumni, and ensures that students continue to be a part of the IHU community.