The International Hellenic University has been a Diploma Supplement Label Holder since 2012. The Diploma Supplement Label is an honorary distinction awarded by the European Commission to higher education institutions that apply all aspects of the Diploma Supplement correctly.
The Diploma Supplement (DS) accompanies a higher education diploma, providing a standardised description of the nature, level, context, content and status of the studies completed by its holder. Its purpose is to facilitate the academic and professional recognition of qualifications across Europe and improve international transparency.
For students, the Diploma Supplement offers:
- A diploma that is more readable and easily comparable abroad;
- A precise description of their academic career and the competencies acquired during the study period;
- An objective description of their achievements and competencies;
- Easier access to opportunities of work or further studies abroad; and
- It fosters their employability.
For higher education institutions, the benefits are:
- It facilitates academic and professional recognition, thus increasing the transparency of qualifications;
- It protects national/institutional autonomy while offering a common frame which is accepted all over Europe;
- It promotes informed judgements about qualifications that can be understood in another educational context;
- It raises the visibility of the institution abroad;
- It promotes the employability of their graduates at national and international level;
- It helps to save time since it provides the answers to a lot of recurrent questions put to administrative services in institutions about the content and portability of diplomas.
The Diploma Supplement is issued according to a template jointly developed by the European Commission, the Council of Europe and UNESCO. Further information on the Diploma Supplement can be found on the website of the European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/education/tools/diploma-supplement_en.htm
The Diploma Supplement:
- Is issued in a widely-spoken European language (English) and in Greek, and
- Is given automatically and free of charge to every student upon graduation.