In the framework of MScs provided in the School of Economics, Business Administration and Legal Studies (SEBALS) and the School of Science and Technology (SST), students are able to participate in a Consulting Project. Students, individually or in groups, study an actual problem of a given firm or organization. Students will receive the necessary information from the cooperating firms and organizations’ staff and they will cooperate with them throughout the project. Following analysis of the problem, the students prepare and present concrete and practical solution(s). The main target of the Consulting Project is to provide students with the opportunity to handle real-world problems within the field of their expertise and suggest operational solutions that can actually be implemented by the cooperating firms and organizations. Moreover, students will have the chance to develop close relationships with the cooperating companies and thus gain an appreciation of real business environments.
Projects are completed within an academic semester and, if successfully assessed, the student receives 6 ECTS. There is no fee for the work. Students are supervised and evaluated by a member of the enterprise staff and a member of the teaching staff. The Project is assessed by both the submission of the Consulting Project report and the presentation of the project which usually takes place in September (SEBALS) or by July (SST).
- On the course the participants will be able to:
- Get acquainted with the modern business environment
- Gain familiarity with real-world problems
- Acquire skills in gathering data, diagnosing issues and implementing solutions
- Develop close relationships with the cooperating companies
- Improve their ability to present analyses of issues and organizational problems in a concise, accurate, clear and interesting manner from the perspective of a consult
- Gain exposure to a variety of processes and interventions involved in the management/consulting/technology arena.
- Understanding companies’ specific needs
- Mapping companies’ special characteristics
- Presentation of concrete and practical solution(s)
- Discussion of solution(s) with cooperating companies
- Provision of final solution(s) for the cooperating companies
The best consulting projects are awarded by the Schools. Each winner receives a certificate and the first prize might also receive a cash award.
Submit your application
Companies wishing to participate in the Consulting Projects should register their interest in the following form: