Assistant Professor, Technology and Operations Management, School of Economics and Business Administration
A thorough and comprehensive grasp of the principles and applications of key management functions, together with enduring technical managerial skills are fundamental in achieving business success. At the School of Economics and Business Administration of the International Hellenic University we focus on:
- Strategic Management and business policy (strategic analysis, core capabilities, generic strategies and perceived use value, strategy as competitive positioning).
- Logistics and supply chain management (location, distribution strategy, inventory management, cash-flows).
- Operations management (capacity management, facility location, JIT, lean production, TQM, inventory management).
- Human resources management (recruitment and selection, motivation and compensation, training and employee development).
The following staff members are active in this research area:
Academic Associate, PhD in Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship, School of Economics and Business Administration
Tel: +30 2310 807543
- Leonidou L., Christodoulides P., Kyrgidou L., and Palihandwa P., "Internal drivers and performance consequences of small firm green business strategy: The moderating role of external forces", Journal of Business Ethics, Vol. 140, pp. 1-22 (2015) • Journal Paper
- Mustafee N., Katsaliaki K., Williams M. D, and Gunasekaran A., "Healthcare Operations Management Through Use of Simulation: An Introduction to the Special Issue", Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 26(1/2). Emerald. ABS:2 (2013) • Journal Paper
- Mustafee N., Katsaliaki K., Fishwick P. and Williams M.D., "SCS – 60 years and counting! A time to reflect on the Society’s scholarly contribution to M&S from the turn of the Millennium", Simulation: Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International, 88(9):1047-1071. SCS. ISI 5-Yr impact factor: 0.737. (2012) • Journal Paper
- Mustafee N., Taylor S.J.E., Katsaliaki K., Dwivedi Y.K. and Williams M. D., "Motivations and Barriers in using Distributed Supply Chain Simulation", International Transactions in Operational Research, 19(5): 733–751. Wiley. ISI impact factor: 0.481; ABS 1, ABS 2(2012). (2012) • Journal Paper
- Swanson R.C., Cattaneo A., Bradley E., Chunharas S., Atun R., Abbas K.M., Katsaliaki K., Mustafee N., Meier B.M. and Best A., "Rethinking Health Systems Strengthening: Key Systems Thinking Tools and Strategies for Transformational Change", Health Policy and Planning, 27(4):54-61. Oxford Journals. ISI 5-yr impact factor: 3.703. (2012) • Journal Paper