Sensor Networks and Applications
Sensor networks can be applied in many sectors of the economy to provide automation and efficient operation of processes. Important applications can be considered the environmental monitoring and the efficient energy management in the built environment. We focus our research in:
- Smartgrids/Smart Buildings: Use of sensor networks for efficient energy management in modern buildings. Development of algorithms for energy management in smart devices towards demand - response.
- Applications for Smart Devices development of smart applications over smart devices
- Integration of heterogeneous smart devices and sensor networks over a common platform
- Efficient data delivery in large networks
- Koutitas G., Tsioliaridou A., Kamilatos I and Vlahavas P. I., "Energy Efficiency Monitoring in Local Data Centers", Proc. IEEE under review (forthcoming) • Conference Paper
- Stavropoulos A., Vrakas D., Arvanitidis A. and Vlahavas P. I., "A System for Energy Savings in an Ambient Environment", (under review) (forthcoming) • Conference Paper